National health care Nursing Homes Costa Rica
John A. Hartford Foundation Claire M. Fagin Fellow
Coordinator Nursing Leadership and Medical Techniques Area of Research
S314 Sinclair Class of Nursing
University of Missouri
Columbia, MO 65211
Gerontological nursing, Healthcare methods, Nursing homes
Medical methods including acute and long-term care, nursing management, patient/medication security and protection rehearse execution.
- BSN, University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Mo., 1989
- MS(N), University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 1997
- PhD, University of Missouri, Columbia, Mo., 2008
Part of Doctoral Study
Leadership and wellness methods; nursing facilities
System of analysis
Dr. Vogelsmeier’s analysis centers around nursing homecare with a double focus on RN-LPN role differentiation, particularly explicating RN efforts to resident security as well as on enhancing medicine protection practices. She ended up being recently financed because of the nationwide Council State Boards of Nursing to explore RN and LPN distinctions whenever performing medicine reconciliation in assisted living facilities and it is a website lead on a National Institutes of Nursing Research money study to try an innovative technology to lessen medication mistakes. Dr. Vogelsmeier can also be practice co-lead on a multi-million dollar Centers for Medicare/ Medicaid funded demonstration project to reduce re-hospitalizations for nursing residence residents and is a co-investigator on a company for Healthcare analysis and high quality (AHRQ) study to adjust the Re-engineered Discharge (RED) procedure for short-stay competent nursing center residents.
Bio and Expert Experience
Dr. Vogelsmeier’s features almost 25 many years of training experience in both severe and lasting attention with an emphasis in nursing leadership and management. Her analysis spans nearly 15 years and it is according to enhancing citizen treatment in nursing homes. She is considered a patient protection expert by both the ARHQ and also the Center for individual security.
Selected Funds and Prizes
- Nursing Nome Nurses’ Sensemaking to Detect drugs purchase Discrepancies-National Council State Boards of Nursing, (PI), $216, 521 2013-2015
- Pilot Study regarding the IdentRx Point-of-Care medicine Administration Safety program (Co-PI) SBIR; NINR, $268, 086, 2013-2014
- Health mistake Reporting and individual protection enhancement – Missouri Center for Patient protection, (PI), $14, 770, 2012-2013
- Vogelsmeier, A. & Despins, L. (2016). An area without purchases [Spotlight]. AHRQ WebM&M [serial online]. January 2016. Available at: https://psnet.ahrq.gov/webmm/case/365.
- Corazzini, K., Vogelsmeier, A., McConnell, E.S., Day, L., Kennerly, S., Mueller, C., Flanagan, J., Hawkins, K., Anderson, R.A. (2015). Perceptions of Nursing Application: Capacity for High Quality Nursing Home Care. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 6(3), 17-24.
- Vogelsmeier, A., Anbari, A., Ganong, L., Anderson, R., Oderda, L., Farag, A., & Madsen, R. (2015). Detecting Treatments Order Discrepancies in Nursing Facilities: Exactly How RNs and LPNs Vary. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 6(3), 48-56.
- Corazzini, K., McConnell, E.S., Day, L., Anderson, R.A., Mueller, C., Vogelsmeier, A., Kennerly, S., Walker, B., Flanagan, J., Haske-Palomino, M. (2105). Differentiating scopes of training in nursing facilities: Collaborating for treatment. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 6(1), 43-49.
- Alexander, G., Rantz, M., Galambos, C., Vogelsmeier, A., Popejoy, L., Mueller, J., Shumate, S., & Elvin, M. (2015). Planning nursing homes for future years of wellness information exchange. Applied Clinical Informatics, 6, 248-266.
- Vogelsmeier, A., Popejoy, L., Rantz, M., Flesner, M., Lueckenotte, A., & Alexander, G. (2015). Integrating Advanced Practice Registered Nurses into Nursing Facilities: The Missouri Quality Initiative Experience. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 30(2), 93-98.
- Vogelsmeier, A. (2014). Distinguishing medication order discrepancies during medication reconciliation: Perceptions of nursing residence leaders and staff. Journal of Nursing Management. 22, 362-372.
- Popejoy, L., Galambos, C., & Vogelsmeier, A. (2014). Hospital to nursing home change challenges: Perceptions of nursing house staff. Journal of Nursing Care high quality, 29(2), 103-109.
- Rantz, M., Alexander, G., Galambos, C., Vogelsmeier, A., Popejoy, L., Flesner, M., Lueckenotte, A., Crecelius, C., & Zwygart-Staffacher, M. (2014). Initiative to check a multidisciplinary model with advanced rehearse nurses to lessen avoidable hospitalizations among medical center residents. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 29(1), 1-8.
- Mueller, C. & Vogelsmeier, A. (2013). Efficient delegation: Understanding obligation, authority, and accountability. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 4, 3, 20-27.
- Vogelsmeier, A., Pepper, G.A., Oderda, L., Weir, C. (2013). Medicine reconciliation: Qualitative evaluation of physicians’ perceptions. Res Social Adm Pharm. Jul-Aug 9(4):419-30.
- Bellot, J., Cartron, D., O’Connor, M., Rose, K., Shillam, C., Van Cleave, J. & Vogelsmeier, A. (2013). Advancing the future of medical: a written report of this Building educational Geriatric Nursing ability (BACNC) Alumni plan and management committee. Nursing Outlook, 61, 55-57.
- Vogelsmeier, A., Scott-Cawiezell, J., & Pepper, G. (2011). Prescription reconciliation in nursing facilities: Thematic differences when considering RN and LPN staff. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 37, 56-63.
- Vogelsmeier, A. (2011). Medication management in nursing homes: RN delegation to unlicensed assistive employees. Journal of Nursing Regulations, 2(3), 49-52.
- Vogelsmeier, A. & Scott-Cawiezell, J. (2011). Achieving quality enhancement in the medical house: The influence of medical management on communication and teamwork. Journal of Nursing Care high quality, 26(3), 236-242.
- Rantz, M.J., Alexander, G., Galambos, C., Flesner, M.K., Vogelsmeier, A., Hicks, L., Scott-Cawiezell, J., Zwygart-Stauffacher, M., & Greenwald, L. (2011). The usage bedside digital health record (EMR) to improve top-notch attention in nursing services: A Qualitative analysis. Computer, Informatics, Nursing, 29(3), 149-156.
- Vogelsmeier, A., Scott-Cawiezell, J., Miller, R., Griffith, S. (2010). Influencing management perceptions of someone safety tradition through just culture education. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 25, 288-294.
- Vogelsmeier, A.A., Farrah, S.J., Roam, A., & Ott, L. (2010). Analysis of a leadership development academy for subscribed nurses in long haul care. Nursing Administration Quarterly, 34(2), 122-129.
- Miller, B., Griffith, S., Vogelsmeier, A. (2010). Statewide approach to a just tradition of patient safety – The Missouri tale. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 1(1), 52-57.
- Scott-Cawizell, J., Madsen, R., Pepper, G.A., Vogelsmeier, A., Petroski, G., & Zellmer, D. (2009). Making use of an electric medicine management record to boost nursing home medicine safety. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and individual Safety, 35(1), 29-35.
- Vogelsmeier, A., & Scott-Cawiezell, J. (2009). The part of nursing leadership in successful technology execution. Journal of Nursing management, 39, 313-314.
- Vogelsmeier, A., Halbesleben, J., and Scott-Cawiezell, J. (2008). Technology execution and workarounds in the medical residence. Journal of this American health Informatics Association, 15(1), 114-119.
- Vogelsmeier, A. & Scott-Cawiezell, J. (2007). A just tradition: The role of nursing management. Journal of Nursing Care Quality, 22(3), 210-212.
- Scott-Cawiezell, J., Pepper, G., Madsen, R., Petroski, G., Vogelsmeier, A. & Zellmer, D. (2007). Nursing house mistake and amount of staff credentials. Clinical Nursing Analysis, 16(1), 72-79.
- Vogelsmeier, A., Scott-Cawiezell, J., and Zellmer, D. (2007). Obstacles to safe medication administration into the nursing home. Journal of Gerontological Nursing, 33(3), 5-12.
- Scott-Cawiezell, J., Vogelsmeier, A., McKenney, C., Rantz, M., Hicks, L., and Zellmer, D. (2006). Going from a culture of blame to a culture of security inside medical home setting. Nursing Forum, 41(3), 133-140.
- Vogelsmeier, A. & Scott-Cawiezell, J. (2006). Treatments mistake reporting in lasting attention. Future Care Software, 7(2), 23-25.
- Scott-Cawiezell, J., & Vogelsmeier, A. (2006). Nursing residence protection: overview of the literature. In J. J. Fitzpatrick, P. W. Stone, & P. H. Walker (eds.), Yearly Overview Of Nursing Research: Vol. 24. NY: Springer Publishing Co.